Catholics/Change in wording of the Trinity

At the age of 12 I completed catachism (1976) and at that time the phrase was, "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost."

Now, it's, "In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit."

My question is who changed it, why it was changed and when did this modification to the Holy Trinity happen?

I thank you for your time and consideration.

Warmest Wishes,

JD Lowes

When you did Catechism, the words for the Trinity were: the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost.
Because of changing use and meanings of words in English, "the Holy Spirit" is now used officially.  Actually the changed name is closer to the original Latin: "Spiritus."

Too many ghosts these days in conversational English.

Thanks, JD, for taking time to ask.

Best wishes.

May the Triune God [Father, Son, Holy Spirit] continue to shower choice graces upon you and your family.  

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome