Catholics/love and extinction

If God truly manifests his love through creatures how do you explain
more than 99 percent of all species, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to be extinct?

Does love always mean that something has to live forever?

Two thoughts:
1 - God is not obliged to create.  If He does, He does not have to give continued existence to a material being that does not have by its nature a spiritual intelligence.  Such beings when they die, are dead forever.
2 - "Species" is a collective, abstract term used in human intelligent thinking to make more precise understanding/categorization in the human mind.  God's infinite intelligence does not need the human way of learning and understanding.  God is infinite intelligence.

God manifests His love by giving life.  When a dinosaur dies, its life is complete.

Best wishes, Charles.

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome