Catholics/Mark 16:17-18

What is the Catholic take on Mark 16:17-18, (handling snakes, drink poison, etc ) ?

I do not know think that there is one "Catholic take" on Mk 16:17-18.
My "take": The list of signs includes some mentioned in connection with early preachers of the Gospel but the signs of snakes and poison do not appear elsewhere in the bible.
So, I would suggest that while extraordinary signs may accompany some who spread the Gospel, these signs are not for everyone to try or expect to happen.
Thanks for asking, William.  Sorry not to be of more help.
May God bless you.  

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome