Catholics/medjugorje apparition

There seems to be a lot of doubt from the Vatican that Mary has been appearing at Medjugorje. If this is the case, isn't it Satan appearing as an angel of light mixing lies with truth? And if Catholics are continuing to make pilgrimages there aren't they exposing themselves to demonic influences harming their souls?

I do know that the Vatican investigation is taking place but am not aware of a decision being made.
I have visited four approved and very impressive sites of apparitions -- Fatima, Lourdes, Rue de Bac in Paris [Miraculous Medal], and Guadeloupe.
Personally, I am waiting for an official decision about Medjuorje.  I do know people who visited there and now have increased devotion and prayer life.  While an evil influence there is a possibility, I have not given thought to such a possibility.
I recommend that persons wanting to visit a site of Marian apparitions go to an approved site.
Let us pray to the Blessed Virgin for an official decision soon.
Thank you, Al, for your thoughts.  

Edward Bode

Catholic dogma, especially as related to Scripture. I have a doctorate in biblical theology [University of St. Thomas, Rome]. I do not answer questions concerning personal moral situations -- ones dealing with right and wrong [sin].

I have taught Catholic thought in grade and high schools, and in college and universities.

Catholic Biblical Association

Catholic Biblical Quarterly, The Bible Today.

Graduate degrees in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, in scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, and a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas; all in Rome