Please give me the Catholic view on this:
Is it dangerous to have a picture of the symbol AUM on your wall or on your shelf? Is it dangerous even if it is just for decoration?
And is chanting it extremely dangerous according to the church? Can chanting some symbols really be dangerous unless you actually call upon demons (or hindu gods)?
What does the Church teach about this?

Dear Hank,

I am not familiar with symbol, General rule might be would other think you follow the false ideas of it or not. I have small statue copied after ancient Greek statuette of "venus" those who know me,know I don't worship it or the related demons.They know I enjoy  sculpture.

There many forms of chants approved by Church

George A. Card,sfo, M.I

I am willing to attempt to answer any question. If I donít know the answer, I will look-up or pass the question on to friends for feed back. Beside Catholicism (especially the social/moral and the Eastern rites), I am well read on Mormonism and so-called Modern Christian Fundamentalism. Also I study Franciscan History as means of growing in my lay Franciscan calling to holiness in Christ.

25+ years as the Justice and Peace Liaison for my (local)Secular Franciscan Fraternity,22+ years public speaking on the Faith,and/or teaching CCD and Youth Retreats,a former Officer for K of C and my SFO Fraternity,still hold appointed offices in local osf fraternity

Catholic Church, Rome Rite
Secular Fraciscan Order
Knights of Columbus
The Men's Study (A local Catholic study group I co founded)
Militia Immaculata(Knights of the Immaculate

Local News Letters:Mostly my Poetry

2 years of Minor Seminary
Bible and Adult Faith Studies and Seminars