Catholics/Civil Divorce without Remarriage

if my wife of 4 years has committed 3 counts of adultery, and I divorce her, is it a mortal sin? I am not remarrying but just divorcing. I am not catholic but read the early church fathers and read a lot of catholic material.

If the circumstances are serious enough to warrant it for the purposes of the civil government, a civil divorce without remarriage does not violate the Biblical prescriptions.  Sometimes a civil divorce is necessary for practical purposes to deal with the case of children, property, etc., not affect the religious side of the matter.

Fr. Michael

A traditional Catholic priest, who provides forthright answers to questions FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TRADITIONAL CATHOLICISM (not the New Order) on topics pertaining to TRADITIONAL Roman Catholicism, including theology, the Bible, Church history, the Latin language, liturgy (especially the Traditional Latin Mass), and music (especially Gregorian chant), and current events in the Catholic Church.