Catholics/Civil Divorce without Remarriage

Question
if my wife of 4 years has committed 3 counts of adultery, and I divorce her, is it a mortal sin? I am not remarrying but just divorcing. I am not catholic but read the early church fathers and read a lot of catholic material.

Answer
If the circumstances are serious enough to warrant it for the purposes of the civil government, a civil divorce without remarriage does not violate the Biblical prescriptions.  Sometimes a civil divorce is necessary for practical purposes to deal with the case of children, property, etc., not affect the religious side of the matter.

Catholics

Fr. Michael