Cats/Cat climbing curtains

Question
Hello,

I recently hung some new curtains in my bedroom and my two cats - Calypso (1.5 yrs) and Circe (9 months) - insist on climbing on them.  Do you have any advice on how to deter this behavior?  I've read about spraying cats with water when they climb, using lemon spray on the curtains, and hanging tin-foil or sticky tape.  Are any of these better options than the other?  What else can I do?

Thanks,
Alicia

Answer
Hi
you won;t deter the cats from climbing by spraying them they just don't learn that way. the best option is to make the curtains unpleasant to them and so they want to keep away. I would use the lemon spray as they don't like the strong citrus smell.

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth