Cats/Help with a kitten and staffy puppy living together?

Hi there,

If possible I was after some advice please. I am moving to sheffield in 2 weeks and i have a gorgeous kat but unfortunately i do not want to upset her as she is very spoilt lol and fragile and she loves it here, so I am thinking of getting another kitty but the problem is my boyfriend has a staffy puppy he is about 4 months old now is a good dog and he has been well trained up to now. But i just need some help on how to introduce them to each other, do i do it straight away or keep them apart for a bit until the kitty settles in a bit. I thought if i get a kitty or one of a similar age to the puppy then it will be better to bring them up together as they will both be young.

Your advice is much appreciated

many thanks

sarah :-)

all will depend on how they were socialized during the few few weeks of thier life and if they were introduced with other animals at that time. If they were then the introduction may be easy, if not then it won't matter what age the dog is it will still be difficult for the cat and dog to relate to each other and it may take some time and sometimes they will never get on. Fingers crossed though if you take the process slowly and carefully then things should work out. Please see my page link at bottom about how to introduce two cats the process is the same for a dog.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.