Cats/Loss of my Cat

my question is when I had to put my cat to sleep last week I had to use a vet that I had never gone before because it was closer.  The Doctor (if we should call him that) was so unsympathetic, cold, could not be bothered with questions, I am so outraged because he is suppose to be a man who helps and cares for animals. What can I do?  Also, how do I know my other cat is grieving?

I am so sorry for your loss and it only makes it worse when you have a vet that is unsympathetic. I know what this is like as my sister went through a similar; thing with her cat. unfortunately i don't think there is much you can do about his attitude other than to write him a letter explaining to him that you found his manner very upsetting, maybe he will take notice so others don't have the same experience.
Regarding your cat grieving, this varies from cat to cat. I have written a webpage about this subject here it may help you to recognize any similarities with your cat.
Stay strong, best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.