Cats/Loss of my Cat

Question
my question is when I had to put my cat to sleep last week I had to use a vet that I had never gone before because it was closer.  The Doctor (if we should call him that) was so unsympathetic, cold, could not be bothered with questions, I am so outraged because he is suppose to be a man who helps and cares for animals. What can I do?  Also, how do I know my other cat is grieving?
Kelly

Answer
Hi
I am so sorry for your loss and it only makes it worse when you have a vet that is unsympathetic. I know what this is like as my sister went through a similar; thing with her cat. unfortunately i don't think there is much you can do about his attitude other than to write him a letter explaining to him that you found his manner very upsetting, maybe he will take notice so others don't have the same experience.
Regarding your cat grieving, this varies from cat to cat. I have written a webpage about this subject here http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-Cats-Grieve-For-Their-Feline-Friends?&id=708972 it may help you to recognize any similarities with your cat.
Stay strong, best wishes

Kate
/pet-loss.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth