Cats/my cat is do any day and i think she is haveing them

how do i no when she is about to have the baby cats

As the birth draws near, the queen will start to look for a place to have her kittens. She will probably want to choose a quiet secluded familiar place that is warm and secure. As an owner you can help choose this place by placing a cardboard box lined with newspaper in a quiet warm room. Food, water and a litter tray should also be placed near by to encourage your queen to make this her birthing box.

One of the first signs that your cat is preparing to give birth is that her appetite will decrease and she will either begin to want to be on her own more than usual or she may seek out human affection to help reassure her. Also her mammary glands will become very swollen and may start to produce milk a few days before the actual birth.

Don't worry too much most cats can give birth on their own quite easily, just let her do her own thing and I'm sure everything will be ok. See my page about cat pregnancy here /cat-in-heat.html
for information.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.