i have recently moved and know my cat will not eat but if i take water to him he will drink a little. Do you know what i should do?

your cat may be feeling a little insecure since the move and doesn't feel confident enough to eat. As long as he keeps drinking water and starts to eat again after a few days i would not worry. If however he does not eat after three days i would take him to the vets to make sure there is not something physically wrong.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.