Cats/litter box

i have had my cat for about 6 months. I have had no problems with her urinating in the litter box but for 6 months now she will not poop in the box. I have multiple boxes. how can I get her to go in the box

i don't know how you first litter trained her but when cats really won't use their tray the best solution is to use the confinement method for a few days. It helps to reinforce to the cat that this is the place to go. Also you may want to change the type of litter, as some cats can be quite choosy about this. See my page at bottom which will describe this litter tray training method.
best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.