Cats/scared kitty

Question
We have had our cat for a few years and she has always been a very scared kitty. She is a housecat and spends 90% of her day hiding. We have 2 teenage boys and a dog and another cat. It broke my heart to see her living her life this way so when my sister in law said she wanted to take her, I let her. (she lives alone) I figured with only one adult in the home giving her undivided attention and no other animals chasing her around she would live a much happier life. My sister in law has only had he for 4 days but she is still doing the hiding thing, only coming out from under the bed one night to be petted and loved. Is there any hope for her that she will learn to relax and enjoy the love and attention my sister in law can give her?Can you give any advice as to how to get her to be calm and enjoy her new surrounding?

Answer
Hi
i think you have done the right thing for your cat. It is quite understandable that she is still scared as she has to learn that her new home is much quieter and less scary. I have attached a link at the bottom of this page with a page from my website about scared cats and also bonding with a cat. These may help your sister to settle the cat. I would not worry too much, your cat just needs some time but I'm sure she she will have a much happier life.

Kate
/scared-cat.html
/new-cat.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth