Cats/Male cats in heat

hi, I have a 5 month old Persian male how can I tell he is in heat? At the moment he does a little ''meowing'' now and then.

MAles cats do not go into heat. If they are un neutered they will mate whenever the opportunity arises.

At 5 months he is just starting to get interested in females etc, he may not actually get going for a few months but he will start to become more aware of this natural urge.

if you are not planning to breed him then you should think of having him neutered soon.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.