Cats/NEW KITTEN VS OLD CAT

Question
I have a American short hair named Harley (M) he is a 1 1/2 Cat. 2 days ago i found a kitten(F) in an ally i took her to the vet and she said the kitten was about 2-4 weeks old. My problem is that my older cat is very violent and aggressive to the new kitten i found i don't want to have to give her to the SPCA. HELP i don't know how to get them not to fight

Answer
Hi
your new kitten is very young indeed. I would definitely keep the cats separate for another few weeks or so, then i would start to slowly introduce the cats using the introduction system discussed here /introducing-cats.html

Don't worry if the situation is handled slowly and patiently then they should both get along.

You didn't mention if your male cat was neutered or not. if not then this would be a good idea as it will help to reduce the aggression as well.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth