Cats/Stray cat problem

Question
Hi

We don't have any cat as pet, but many stray cats get into the house through many ventilators and doors. We are not too keen to stop the stray cats from getting into the house, because, we feel that presence of cats somehow reduces the rats!

Of late a sometimes cats poop on our bed, couch, pillows, dresses. How to stop them? I mean is there way of stopping them from pooping on beds.

Chandan

Answer
Hi the quick answer is not really if you are talking about strays as you cannot train them as you can a domestic pet ie with a litter tray etc.

the pooping and urination is scent marking and if several cats get into your home then it it is likely that they are trying to tell other cats to stay away.

You could try spraying your bed etc with a strong citrus smell sometimes that will help keep them off. Other than that you will either have to stop them getting in or keep your internal doors closed so they cannot get into your bedrooms etc.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth