Cats/anal leakage

my cat has been leaking a gooey clear substance from his anal. It almost look like cum.{I hope I can write that word}. It just started happening. My cat hasn't been eating or drinking he is just lying down. I tried to give him water and food, but he refuses it. I am so worried. I don't have a lot of money, so I wanted to ask first. Please help.

this sounds like an infection to me and will need to be treated urgently by a vet. especially if the cat has stopped eating and drinking.

I know the vet can be expensive but the sooner you can  get your cat seen hopefully the quicker and cheaper it can be treated.

i wish you both well

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.