Cats/My cat Sampson.

Question
Hi, my cat, Sampson has been breathing funny. When he is playing or sniffing something he breathes really loudly. And he also sneezes alot. He is still eating and everything else normal. But I am just worried that something might be wrong. Is this normal? or do you think there is something wrong?

Answer
Hi
whenever II get asked a question like this my response is that it is impossible for anyone else to say. If you think this heavy breathing is new and that you are at all worried then you should take your cat to the vet to clear up any concerns.

In my observations of cats when they sniff at something they generally do breath a little heavier as they are passing the scent across scent glands in their mouth. If this is the only time you notice this heavy breathing then perhaps that's all he is doing.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth