I put some fontline on my cat three days ago, and have used this before, but two days after it was applied he has gone very jumpy, hiding etc, do you have any knowledge of this, would i know if he had an allergic reaction, he doesn't look ill or anything just jumpy, thanku

I am not a vet and don't want ot give any false diagnosis of your cats problem.

i haven't heard of this happening before and if you have used the product before it is unlikely that he is allergic to it. It may just be coincidence that this has happened.

i would recommend keeping an eye on him to see if any other symptoms show and if you to seek advice from the vet.  I wouldn't be surprised though if this is just coincidence.

best wishes kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.