Cats/excessive washing

Question
For the last couple of weeks, my cats both seem to be washing more than usual.  My little girl cat especially seems to wash too much and her skin has little sores and scabs, mostly near the base of her tail where it meets her back.  My male cat washes alot, too, but my little girl gets so intent on it that I can't stop her without physically removing her head from the spot she's working on.  They are 11 (female) and 14 (male) and in good health.  But this excessive washing is making me crazy! I hope you can help.

Thanks
Kat

Answer
Hi
well this does sound strange that both cats are doing it. all i can suggest is that you read my article about over grooming problems here/cat-hair-loss.html

may be something will ring a bell with you.
Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth