Cats/kitten constipation

I got my new baby boy three days ago, we only know he is between 6-8 weeks old. and i can understand that the change is drastic for such a little kitten, but he's eating, voluntarily, solid food and water etc, but to my knowledge has not done anything other than pee. dont want him to get ill :-/ Is he okay????

Hi he is very young to be taken away from his mother. Very young kittens like this can get sick quite easily and he may not have built up enough immunisation from his mothers milk yet, so i would strongly recommend that you get him checked over by the vet and follow their advice as to how to protect him from illness during these early days.

I have a web page about kitten care here/kitten-care.html

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.