Cats/kitten wont eat cat food

Question
hi there i just got a 8 wk old kitten a week ago and he wont eat cat food. he's drinking kitten milk and has water too. we offer him fresh foods ll the time and different types of kitten food, nothing is working.can u give me any suggestions on what to do. thanks

Answer
Hi
It may be the first time that he has come across solid food and needs a little persuasion to try it. You will have to try offering small bits on the end of a spoon or your finger and perhaps tap his nose with it so that he licks it off.

Don't try to force food into him but as he gets use to the taste and texture and gets less milk he will soon pick it up.
This is my web page about kitten care which you may find useful. /kitten-care.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth