Cats/kitten wont eat cat food

hi there i just got a 8 wk old kitten a week ago and he wont eat cat food. he's drinking kitten milk and has water too. we offer him fresh foods ll the time and different types of kitten food, nothing is working.can u give me any suggestions on what to do. thanks

It may be the first time that he has come across solid food and needs a little persuasion to try it. You will have to try offering small bits on the end of a spoon or your finger and perhaps tap his nose with it so that he licks it off.

Don't try to force food into him but as he gets use to the taste and texture and gets less milk he will soon pick it up.
This is my web page about kitten care which you may find useful. /kitten-care.html

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.