Cats/my newborn kitten

Question
my cat had kittens on sept 2008 and she had 4 one died right away 3 lived now 2 boys are getting so big but the girl doesnt seem to be growing. i dont know if she is getting any milk from mama. can i try her on diluted cows milk and if not what about goats milk as i am in the country and not near vet. all she wants to do is sleep and she still fits in my hand. need help asap.as i am trying to save her life. thankyou.  

Answer
Hi
no you mustn't use cows milk or goats milk as cats are intolerant to lactose. It will give them terrible diarrhoea. You can buy kitten milk in little bottles from the pet store or online. It has added nutrients for the kitten and has no lactose in it.

When you give the milk make sure it is slightly warm and try feeding using either a pipette or teaspoon.

It could be that she is the runt of the litter and is being bullied by the other kittens so yes she probably will need your help to build her up.

I have a web page about kitten care just for your info here /kitten-care.html

I wish you every luck

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth