Cats/My 13 year old female cat hates my new male kitten

Question
He showed up at my backdoor and demanded I adopt him.He's so adorable and sweet, I think he was about 10 weeks when he showed up.  She's been an only cat since we brought her home at 6 weeks and she's been a great pet. However, now she just sulks and sleeps and won't come out of her corner unless I coax her.  I have to lock him up while I feed her for her to even come to eat.  She hisses and growls at him and runs from him.  Now he chases her.  Its been almost 2 months and no change at all.  I love them both and can't bear the thought of what will happen to him if I rehome him.  I don't want him feeling abandoned and yet she feels so sad now.  Her eyes are big and her face is sad.

Answer
Hi
cats are not natural social animals with each other and so may never actually get on. usually if they are nort best friends they just tolerate each other. This may be the situation with your cats especially as one is rather old.

The only thing you can do is to try and take a few steps back and try reintroducing them again as described on my web page here /introducing-cats.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth