Cats/3 week old kittens

Can 3 three old kittens drink from a dish.  The mother has an apointment to be fixed today, and I think she will not be able to produce milk any more.

three day old kittens will not be able to drink from a dish.

If the mother cat cannot feed them then you will have to feed them until they are old enough to be weaned and this could be between week 4 and week 8 Please see my web page about hand rearing kittens here /kitten-food.html

I would speak to the vet to see if he think the mother cat will still be able to produce milk or not. In any case the kittens will need to be fed while the mother cat is away anyway.

Best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.