Hi Kate, I just recently adopted a black and white kitten. He has been getting a lot of white stuff around his eyes and I haven't seen him poop in two days. He's been eating, but no sign of pooping. I don't know if he's constipated or not. I don't get paid until Friday to take him to the vet. Can you give me any advice on what to do until Friday? Thank you so much in advance!

Until you can get him to the vets clean his eyes up with warm water and cotton wool. regarding the possible constipation make sure he gets plenty to drink and stays active. you can also try rubbing his tummy to get things moving. I have a web page about cat constipation for some further information here /cat-constipation.html

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.