Cats/Hair loose on my cat

Question
Hello

Our cat currently has a skin condition, we've been advised this is caused by the change in seasons, his hair in places has become course and is falling out. His left flank is becoming particular bald/sparse of
hair. The area was red but that has not gone
I have changed his diet to IAMS and some wet food
Is there anything we can do for him or is it best to bring take him back to the vet for a steroid injection.

Cat History: Ginger, male, young, adopted from RSPCA 2 years ago

Thank you  

Answer
Hi
Sorry to hear that your cat is suffering with a skin complaint. I know how distressing this can be for both you and the cat.

The treatment of the condition is determined by a correct diagnosis of the problem, which i hope your vet is doing. As you know some skin conditions can be quite tricky to cure.

I don't know what your vet has told you is the problem and how best to cure it. If the vet has recommended a steroid injection than that would be the best thing to do. Other wise I do have a web page which goes through some skin conditions and some natural medications which may help. But i always recommend taking a vets advice.

My page is here /cat-hair-loss.html it may help to provide some more useful information.

I hope things get better soon

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth