Cats/Kitten introduction.

at what age is it best to introduce kittens to older cats, they have just had there first injections at ten weeks.

well kittens should be introduced to other animals during there first seven weeks of life as this is known as the sensitive period and is when kittens are socialised by their mothers. i have a web page about this sensitive period here /kitten-care.html

So yes at 10 weeks they should definitely be introduced to other cats etc.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.