Cats/Kitten vaginal odour

Hi, i got a kitten a couple of weeks ago, not my first, but lately ive noticed a really bad odour coming from her genitals, i was wondering what it might be? And if its normal?

sounds like a vaginal infection. if so this will need treatment from a vet otherwise the infection could get worse and even threaten the kittens life.

It is awasy better to be safe than sorry especially when you are dealing with kittens as they can go down hill quite quickly.

I hope the vet can clear the problem up soon.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.