Cats/My cat has ear mites.

Question
I am treating one of my cats for ear mites. It has been 3 days now and he is scared to be around me because of me giving him the medicine. I have no problem with that. Should it hurt him, like I believe it is. I know these things take time. His ear is really red and swollen since I have started the medicine. Should it be like this? How else could he react to while on this medicine and what is the fastest way to cure this so I wont be putting him in anymore pain that what he is already experiencing. Also should I clean his ears out day to day with q-tips? Thanks very much for your time.

Answer
Hi
it sounds like the cat has got a nasty infection in the ear which is causing the pain and swelling. ear mites can cause this. You will have to take him back to the vets for some medicine for the infection.

I have a page about ear mites that also has a video on their for your information. here is the page /cat-ear-mites.html

However my the sounds of it home treatment is passed and he really needs some urgent medical treatment.

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth