Cats/female cat in heat

I have a female cat who is 15mnths and who is currently in heat we let her out during the day, as we felt quite bad for depriving her (we normally keep her in the house at all times on occasion she escapes), and we do not want to get her neutered so we let her out, we are pretty sure she wont get pregnant due to her being quite aggressive towards the tomcats around the area...but obviously there is always that question if she does surrender to 1 eventually, anyway my question is, will she automatically show signs that she has done something or will she still be on heat?

Thank you for your time.

It is impossible to now if a cat has mated or not, she may lick her rear end a little more at first thats all. If she does get preganant then the heat will be over.

Cats do not show until late in their preganancy and only a vet can really say or not.

I'm not sure why you don't want t spay her as it will stop her being so aggressive and obviously coming into heat which can be quite frustraing for her etc.

I have some pages on my website about these subjects if you are interested in reading more

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.