Cats/How to make female cats get along with each other?

Question
I've recently adopted a female stray who's about 4 years old and has been spayed sometime ago. I've also got 2 cats at home one male & one female and they are about 1.5 years old.
When I brought the new cat home I've separated them for 5 days, however since we let them meet each other the two females are having problems. The new cat always acts tough to both of them especially to the other female one, not only she hisses at her but attack her sometimes, the other female seems scared and only hisses at the new cat. I think the new cat is also scared maybe that's why she's acting a bit aggressive to cover up her fear? Should I separate them again and start introduction process from scratch?

Answer
Hi
yes re start the introduction time See here for some tips on this /introducing-cats.html

There may always be some spats as cats generally do not live in groups and so it is normal that there are occasional disagreements etc. However if the introduction process is done calmly and slowly it can help to build the confidence of the cats in each other so that they at the very least become less afraid of each other.

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth