Cats/how to introduce a new cat

Question
We have just lost our 18.5 year old boy. We'd like to introduce a new kitty. I
am very bonded with our cat Audrey. She is emotional and tends to act out
with urination issues. Is it right to think the next cat should be more "my
husband's" cat than mine? Our current plan is to welcome a new cat when I
can be around with Audrey and my husband can bond with the new kitty, but,
of course, I love cats and can't imagine not wanting a relationship with the
new one too. Any advice would be appreciated. Of paramount importance is
not upsetting Audrey so her peeing becomes more frequent than the once or
twice a year that it is. Thank you.

Answer
Hi
the introduction of the two cats is all important to a more harmonious existence together in the future. i have a web page about the process of introduction. It can take several weeks of patience and calm meetings and will take up some of your time. But believe me it could possibly prevent some more serious behavior problems in the future as you mentioned.

here is my page
/introducing-cats.html

I can't see any reason why you cannot enjoy both cats, yes there will be a period of adjustment for your older cat but with lots of TLC and play time, any problems should be overcome.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth