Cats/runaway kitten

My friend has adopted two feral kittens.  He has bonded well with the most inquisitive, least frightened of the two but this one slipped out of the door when my friend opened it to get the mail. What are the chances that it will come home? Temperatures are below zero just now.

feral cats are unpredictable and it does rather depend on the individual cat. All you can do is offer a way back for the kitten. Call them regularly and leave food and a warm place out side for them to use if they come by. the fact that the other kitten is still there may help, scent wise etc.

Don't give up too quickly as he may go on a wander for a few days but cats are smart and usually if there is warmth and food available will make the choice to return.

See my page about lost cats for some more info.

fingers crossed

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.