Cats/training a 8wk old kitten

Question
Hi i have just got an 8 week old kitten, she as used the litter wen i put her on, but then went to the back door and had a poo on kitchen floor, she as been using litter to poo and wee but other day went to a corner and had a wee on carpet, came down last night and she as had a poo were she had a wee other day, in the corner on the carpet. dont know why she is doin it, when she knows how to use the litter tray, please help want to nip it in the bud, we are moving house soon will have new carpets. thanks penny

Answer
Hi
It can take some time before a kitten fully understand that the litter tray is the place to go.

You will have to thoroughly clean the area that she has used as any traces of urine will encourage her to use the same spot.
/cat-urine-cleaner.html

Also she may need a period of time confined to a room with the litter tray, this process helps her to become more familiar with the litter tray without too many other distractions. the process is outlined here on my website
/cat-litter-box.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth