Cats/17 year young Woody my cat

Question
Hello, I have a 17 year old tabby cat named Woody who has only in the last 2 months shown signs of aging....it that I mean he has been weak on his legs....at times Woody will walk briskly as he has always done all his life and then at other times he will lose his power in his rear legs and collapse....staying in that position until he regains his strenght to get up and walk again...do you know of any formula for a cat like Woody which will releive his problem....?...have you ever heard of a pill that helps joints in cats or dogs even...?....please keep in touch....thank you....Joseph Nania

Answer
Hi
well i don't know of a specific pill to help the ageing cat. he may have a touch of arthritis which is causing him some discomfort.

basically a your cat get older you need to make sure that their food is suitable for their age group as it will be specially formulated to help the ageing cat. there are some remedies available that can help arthritis and joints etc.

can I ask that you read my web page about senior cat care and also cat arthritis. They have links to some cat food products and joint care which you may be interested in. i will put the links at the end of this email.

of course if you are concerned about your cats health then a trip to the vets is always good even if it is to pt your own mind at rest.

here are my pages
/senior-cat.html
/cat-arthritis.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth