Cats/17 year young Woody my cat

Hello, I have a 17 year old tabby cat named Woody who has only in the last 2 months shown signs of that I mean he has been weak on his times Woody will walk briskly as he has always done all his life and then at other times he will lose his power in his rear legs and collapse....staying in that position until he regains his strenght to get up and walk you know of any formula for a cat like Woody which will releive his problem....?...have you ever heard of a pill that helps joints in cats or dogs even...?....please keep in touch....thank you....Joseph Nania

well i don't know of a specific pill to help the ageing cat. he may have a touch of arthritis which is causing him some discomfort.

basically a your cat get older you need to make sure that their food is suitable for their age group as it will be specially formulated to help the ageing cat. there are some remedies available that can help arthritis and joints etc.

can I ask that you read my web page about senior cat care and also cat arthritis. They have links to some cat food products and joint care which you may be interested in. i will put the links at the end of this email.

of course if you are concerned about your cats health then a trip to the vets is always good even if it is to pt your own mind at rest.

here are my pages

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.