Cats/MY CAT HAD A LITTER OF KITTENS

Question
THEY ARE UNDER THE BED I CAN'T GET TO THEM TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE WELL AND HEALTHY? SHOULD I TRY TO MOVE THEM INTO THE BOX I PREPARED FOR HER? I THINK IT WOULD BE MORE COMFORTABLE AND I COULD KEEP A EYE ON THEM MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL EATING NOT BEING LEFT OUT OF THE MILK I ONCE HAD A LITTER AND ONE DIED ABOUT A WEEK LATER SHE WAS TINY AND I DON'T THINK SHE COULD FED FOR HERSELF WITH THE OTHER CATS EATING!

Answer
Hi
yes it should be fine to try and move the kittens and the mum to an area where you can see them, but make sure you do not handle the kittens too much and that the new box is warm and comfortable(not hot) and in a place where the mum cat will feel secure.

I have some web pages about kitten care that you may be interested in here is the link to them

/kitten-care.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth