Cats/Constipated 4-5 week old kitten

I have a little kitten that I rescued about three weeks ago. I've been bottle feeding her with kitty replacement milk since I found her. About two weeks ago she had runny stool so I called a vet and they told me to put a little bit of baby cereal in her bottle so I did. Now...she's constipated hasnt gone number two since the day before yesterday...
Now I will also mention that she was trying to be super kitty last night and broke her shoulder. I took her to the vet today and he sedated her. So could that have anything to do with why she's not pooing on her own. Sometime she does skip a day but it's been two days...I'm just worried. She hasnt had a loss of a matter of fact she's eating more. I just dunno what to do? Should I try a couple drops of oil in her bottle and cut down on the baby cerieal? Please help my husband and I have tried so hard to save our little baby and we dont want to lose her over this!

I have a my own cat web site and many of these questions would be best answered by  me recommending that you read a few of my pages. One is a general kitten care page and the other is about cat constipation. I hope they can supply the answers you are looking for.

I wouldn't worry too much yet as a couple of days is not too bad but the sooner the problem can be sorted out the better.

here are my pages

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.