Cats/Male cat crying constantly!

I have a one-year-old, non-neutered male cat who will not stop crying! Every night around the same time he starts in with this yowling that sounds almost exactly like a female in heat, and he doesn't stop even after I've fed him or spent time with him. I haven't noticed him spraying anywhere. I'm so lost. What do I do?

well the simple answer is to have him neutered. His crying etc is because he is now a adult cat looking for  females to mate with. the crying is his calling for other cats in the area who may here him. This is normal behaviour.

There is no other way to stop this natural behaviour. You won't want to let him out to roam and cause unwanted pregnancies, so the kindest thing is to have him neutered so that he is not frustrated all the time.

I have a web page about neutering here for your information /neuter.html
best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.