Cats/Ragdoll kitten, low weight, loose stools, leaking mucus from anus

Thank you so much for this opportunity!!  I have a 5 month old Ragdoll male.  He has been having loose stools since I brought him home for the breeders.  I have brought him to the Vet's, and all malady's have been ruled out, ie., worms, etc., and I have tried the many diets that the vet has suggested.
I again brought him to the vets on the 23rd as he was having difficulty trying to have a bowel movement.  She gave him a rectal exam and it was negative, but now, I notice that he has been leaking feces/mucus and still has been having loose bowel movements. Other than that, Apollo, is very playful (with his sister Athena)who is fine in all aspects!!!

I am beside myself and am hoping that you can shed some light on this.

Thanks so much for your time.  

it is probably to do with the change in environement and food.

It is good to know that the vet cannot find anything physically wrong.

I would recommend that you read my web page about cat diarrea and constipation etc. Your cat probably needs some plain simple food for a few days to give his system time to settle down.

Please read these pages

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.