Cats/Young Cats and Pregnency

Question
Hi, I have two young female cats that are 8 months old, we are hoping to let them have a litter each before we have them neutered, however I want them to be a little older before that happens, but we don't want them to have to stay in the house, is there anything I can do to avoid them getting pregnant too young?

Answer
Hi
as far as I am aware no. however i have heard that there maybe some sort of pill that the vet can give. Now whether this is true or not i'm not sure. the easiest way would be to call the vets surgery and enquire if there is such a thing..

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth