Cats/my cat is not eating

My 2 years old tabby Sierra is not eating for the past 2 days. I also noticed that she is vomiting..did it twice yesterday. She was very sleepy, but today she is fine...playing around..but she will not eat..neither wet nor dry food. She is also not drinking any water. A few weeks ago, she went through tooth extraction and was on anti-biotic. The vet said she was also a little overweight. So we watched her food, which now has a prescription diet. She liked her new diet, but now she has stopped eating or drinking water. I am worried.

it may only be a virus that will take a couple of days to get through the system or it could be an infection which will need antibiotics from the vet.

My advice is that if she still has not eaten on the third day that you should definitely take them to the vet as soon as possible.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.