Cats/my cat urinates on my bed just about everyday!!

Question
My cat whom i have had for three years, since she was a kitten, urinates on my bed just about every day. This started about a year ago and would only happen once a week or less than that, but recently its been going on every day. I make sure i clean her litter box everyday because of this issue but that hasn't changed anything. She does not do it when my fiance and i are sleeping, only when we aren't home or not in the room. She is spayed if that makes any difference, i don't know what to do! I'm going to take her to the vet after the holidays but until then im just looking for some advice on what to do and why this is happening. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You -Eva

Answer
Hi
this is a complicated issue and if not caused by a urinary infection is behavioural. My best advice would be to ask you to read all my pages about these issues, it may help you to understand why they do this and also how you may be able to help them.

In the mean time restrict access to your bed and even spray the area and bed clothes with a strong lemon scent to help deter the spraying(if it is not a urinary infection that is in which case only medication will help)

here are my pages
/cat-urine.html
/cat-urinary-problems.html
/cat-urine-cleaner.html
/cat-litter-box.html

best wishes Kate

happy Christmas to you

Cats

Kate Tilmouth