Cats/my cats loud noises coming from his tummy

i have 2 cats both males now 8 years old. one is fine-they are big cats in size (not fat) and he is a really butch cat. however his brother has lost weight recently,his spine feels boney when you stroke him and all he thinks of is food( when he see's me). he is a real baby and sleeps in my room and latst night his tummy was making sounds of a person who had a bad tummy upset-it was so loud but he kept on purring. he has been womed with tabs from the shop but im worried about him.

it could be worth having checked by a vet as i have experience myself of a cat losing weight but eating all the time. It turned out to be a thyroid problem that needed urgent treatment.

it is always worth checking when your cats behaviour or body condition changes .

Hope all is well
Wishing you a Happy Christmas

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.