Cats/Anger Issues?

Hi. I am almost 12 years old, and I have a kitten. She is one years old. Recently, she started being aggressive. She is usually very lovey, so I have no idea what the problem is. The other day my mom picked the cat up <Her name is Tucker>, and she gave her a warning growl and almost scratched her! And the day before that, she actually scratched me! But she gets all lovey when she comes to cuddle at night. Can you help me? Thank you!          From Melissa and her mean kitten Tucker

have you checked to see if she is in any pain? Sometimes cats will become aggressive if they don't want to be picked up as it causes pain.
If she is ok it could be that she has been frightened by something recently that has made her more cautious to people.
I have included a link to my page about aggressive cats which might give you some more ideas as to why she is aggressive and how you can try and overcome it.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.