Cats/Cat tracking litter everywhere

My cat uses the box but leaves with litter on his paws.But  he jumps up on the kitchen table and leaves cat sand there.. How can we stop this nasty habit?

the simple solution is to change the type of litter you are using to something that won't stick to his paws. My cat was the same, we used to use the gravel type but as you say we kept on getting gravel left everywhere in the house when it came off of her paws. Now we use the paper type, it is smoother and doesn't get stuck in her fur.
the other option is to place mats all around the tray so that when they come out they wipe if off, but this doesn't always work if the cat jumps a long way out of the tray.

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.