Cats/Two Feline male cats

Question
I have a three year old male nutered cat (Jasper) and a cat the is 5 months old(Siderman) that is not yet nutered. we have had siderman in the house for 2 days, Jasper is not liking Siderman near him... Please let me know something i can do!

Answer
Hi
this is a common problem when you introduce a new cat to an existing pet, especially when one of them is not yet neutered.
My advice is to try and introduce them to each other slowly using my methods described here /introducing-cats.html on my web site. It will help to build confidence and reduce the fear factor from the cats. It will also be a good idea to have the younger cat neutered soon (they are at the right age now) as this will also help to reduce tensions between the two cats.

Best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth