Cats/Two Feline male cats

I have a three year old male nutered cat (Jasper) and a cat the is 5 months old(Siderman) that is not yet nutered. we have had siderman in the house for 2 days, Jasper is not liking Siderman near him... Please let me know something i can do!

this is a common problem when you introduce a new cat to an existing pet, especially when one of them is not yet neutered.
My advice is to try and introduce them to each other slowly using my methods described here /introducing-cats.html on my web site. It will help to build confidence and reduce the fear factor from the cats. It will also be a good idea to have the younger cat neutered soon (they are at the right age now) as this will also help to reduce tensions between the two cats.

Best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.