Cats/New Kitty

Question
I just adopted a 9 month old Kitty today. I have brought her home. I have her food and water out and litter box.The reason for the adoption is that my former buddy had to be put down due medical and Old Age Monday.My question I guess is how long before the new kitty gets use to things around here? I live alone. She was in her pet carrier, I took a nap and now she's hiding behind the TV cabinet. any Tips with this? Thanks, Mike

Answer
Hi
ah i hope you enjoy your new kitty and I'm sorry that you have recently lost your other best friend.

It is difficult to say how long it will take for your cat to get used to it's new home. My best advice is to read my pages (links at bottom about) bonding with a cat, litter training etc. It will give you some background information on how to help your new cat settle in. Don't worry if they take a few weeks to settle down and they hide a lot, this is normal and they will soon find their feet.

Wishing you both every happiness
Kate
/new-cat.html
/cat-litter-box.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth