Cats/Toilet training

Question
Hi!  I recently bought a book on toilet training my cat.  I followed the directions exactly.  She will pee in toilet, but is pooping downstairs on the carpet.  Help!  How do I get her to stop soiling the carpet and using the toilet for that too?

Answer
Hi
I'm afraid i have not got any experience of toilet using cats but if your cat is pooing elsewhere it may be another problem entirely. All i can recommend is that you read my page (link at bottom) about Middening (cat pooing) it may give you some more ideas as to the possible cause of the problem.

best wishes
Kate
/cat-poo.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth