Cats/Which is better?

Question
I am moving from the UK to the US this summer. I have one cat and would
like to take her with me, but I'm not sure if flying her and relocating her to a
place where she might not even be able to go outside like she's used to would
be better than giving her to a family she used to live with over here. The only
thing is that they have a new cat. Would she transition better going back to a
house she used to live at with a new cat or flying international to a
completely unfamiliar place?

Answer
Hi
all i can do is give you my personal opinion. The US does seem a rather cat unfriendly place to me and most cat owners over there keep there cats in all the time (something i hate) however they also have strict rules about stray cats as well and in some states they will even be picked up by humane societies if seen roaming around, something which is not done in the UK. If it were me i would say that it would be kinder to your cat to let him remain in the UK and still have the freedom of being able to roam freely, getting used to another cat is perfectly doable (see my  introducing cats training page here /introducing-cats.html ).

I wish you every happiness in your move.

Best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth